Monday, July 13, 2009

Fresh (fruit) start

So you see that ticker over there? With my weight? Yeah, it's higher than it was when I started. But that's alright, it's just a minor setback, right? ABSOLUTELY!

We ended up not waking Seneca Rocks this weekend. No one could/would go with me and Mike didn't want me to go by myself. We actually found out late Sunday afternoon that someone had fallen off the rocks and died Saturday. Hopefully next weekend will be less humid and busy and someone can go with me.

I'm really back in the swing of things, I feel. I'm even getting my Mom to eat this way. I made her a low glycemic breakfast and dinner on Saturday to show her how tasty and satisfying eating this way can be.

And speaking of tasty and satisfying, I just had THE MOST delicious breakfast. Two egg omelette with portobella mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and green peppers and a tiny amount (maybe 1/8 cup) of Italian 5 cheese blend, cottage cheese with some cherry tomatoes in it and a delicious donut peach. I followed it all with a glass of OJ (which is definitely NOT low glycemic) for some vitamin C - I've been feeling a little sniffly. Lunch is going to be a yummy salad and then dinner is going to be baked chicken, veggies, and probably some strawberries. YUM! What a happy Monday for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment