Friday, July 10, 2009

Hot stuff

So I'm not doing so great. My weight is slowly creeping back up to higher than it was before I started low GI eating.

But, I am not losing my determination.

I just need to get better about putting my foot down. About saying, "No, I can't have this right now." I am my own worst enemy. I Love (with a capital L) food. Obviously. I didn't get to be this size by hating food. I am Lazy (also, with a capital L). Obviously, I didn't get to be this size by loving to move my body.

I was reading through some old journal entries from around the time that Mike and I got married. Most of you probably don't know, but my Mom had her second heart attack four months before we got married. I was reading over those entries and remembering being so scared that my Mom was going to die.

I refuse to do that to my loved ones. I will lose this weight and get healthy. Looking at my family history, it's really all I can do. There is high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart problems, diabetes, you name it. And I can already see and feel the effects. Sometimes I get so winded that I have to gasp for air. Sometimes my chest hurts SO bad I feel like my heart is going to come shooting right out of it.

Also, a funny thing from reading those entries - I was pretty much at what my goal weight now is and still focused on losing weight. I thought I was too big. Heh, if only I could have looked into the future and seen that I would gain 30 pounds!

So tomorrow is my walk up Seneca Rocks - although I may reschedule it for Sunday since Mike said he won't go with me Saturday. Heck, maybe I'll do it both days! Okay, okay, I know THAT'S a bit of a stretch. I'm just so tired of being inactive and feeling so "bleh" all the time that I want to change everything right nownownow. But I have to realize that I am not going to go from being a size 16 to a size 8 overnight. I surely didn't go from an 8 to a 16 overnight, either!

Remember that delicious lunch I said I was going to have yesterday? Well it ended up getting pushed to dinner (again, I have trouble saying no) and it was just as delicious as I predicted. I didn't get any pictures, but let me tell you what I had.

I had a HUGE salad, so big I couldn't even finish it all. I had a handful of Dole's Field Greens mix, a couple handfuls of their Sassy Baby Blend, to that I added about half of a medium cucumber, 1/4 green bell pepper, and half a stalk of celery. I set the other half of the cucumber, the other 1/4 of the green pepper and the other half a stalk of celery on a plate and had those outside of the salad. I also added about three slices of portobella mushrooms and about 3 oz imitation crab meat. Then I added extras. I love extras on salads. I put a dash of pepper on, some Salad Supreme seasoning, a dash of bacon bits, a generous sprinkle of sesame seeds, and some Old Bay. Then I topped it off with Ginger Mango Vinaigrette salad dressing, just a tablespoon or so, and shook it all up until it was mixed up good. OH MY GOODNESS delicious. I'll likely have the same for dinner this evening. I love crab meat (especially imitation) in salads. It just adds a little extra "Oomph" to the salad. Same with portobella mushrooms.

So, the plans are:

Increase water intake
Increase activity
Increase food awareness

Maybe I'll go next door and get a big bottle of water. That sounds like just the ticket right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment