Friday, June 26, 2009

Jumble

There's a lot of stuff inside this crazy noggin' of mine, but most of it is jumbled up all crazily.

I will just say - this past week I did not prepare myself properly for how busy I was going to be and my eating SUFFERED MIGHTILY for it. However, I'm going to hang myself from the tree of martyrdom just yet. I'm going to fess up. There's been ice cream. And cookies. And potato chips. And burritos. There's also been healthy foods that haven't been low-glycemic, like light vanilla yogurt, grape nuts, and whole wheat toast. What has been sorely lacking are my veggies. I didn't go to the Farmer's Market last week so I had no raw veggies that I could cut up and eat with breakfast. And all my spinach went bad. And I was on the moon, with Steve.

Excuses, excuses.

But, the way I see it, even the most healthy eater ever of all time, slips. They have a stressful week and they just want to be ear deep in a pint of ice cream. And slipping and having not the best week doesn't make me a failure or a bad person. It just makes me someone who slipped. Who has to work harder next week.

I've decided to make Saturday my weigh in day. And since I typically don't bring my computer home on the weekends, I'll have to see if I can steal Mike's to update. I chose Saturday because the "special event" that I shouldn't be losing weight for but am hoping to be slimmed down by is on Saturday. In fact, it's eight weeks from tomorrow. And I'm hoping that when I weigh in tomorrow I'll only show about 8 pounds left to lose.

Speaking of that special event - I received my bridesmaid dress on Wednesday. It's gorgeous. And it kinda fits. Well, actually to be honest I need to have it taken in a little, but that's always the case with any dress that I get, because I have to order a size (or so) larger because of my bust and then have it taken in at my waist. But this time I can tell it doesn't need taken in a whole lot. And I could hem and haw about the size and how I don't want to tell you because I'm embarassed, but I'm just going to put it out there. Hey, this blog is about honesty right? It's a size 16. Which is up from my size 14 wedding dress. And my size 12 bridesmaid's dress for a friend's wedding the year before. Which is way up from the size 8 I wore when I went to my very first high school prom in 1998.

Truth is, if you saw any of these pictures you probably wouldn't go "OH WOW SHE'S FAT!" In honesty, I usually have trouble convincing people I weigh as much as I do because I'm well proportioned (despite being short) and I carry my weight well. But all looks aside, they don't feel the horrible pain in my hip when I walk too long. They don't get the chest crushing difficulty to breathe just from climbing a flight of stairs. And, well, they just don't live in my body.

Now I know some people are out there going "Well, if you're that out of shape, you need to work out." I'm getting to that point. Slowly. But right now, I'm carrying enough extra weight that I really have a hard time doing any physical activity. I'm hoping to start some nice easy walks soon and hopefully once I've shed enough to stop my joints from feeling like they wanted to die/kill me, I'll add in some tougher exercises. I used to Tae-Bo like a pro and I'm looking forward to getting back into that. I've had a doctor tell me that the best thing I can do to help weightloss (aside from eating something, even if it's small, within 30 minutes of waking up) is to do exercises that really make me sweat. This is mostly because my metabolism has pretty much bottomed out from being hypothyroid. I'm medicated for it now, but my body has gotten used to this nice, slow, and easy metabolism.

So to sum it up: this week didn't go well for me, but I plan on doing better next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment