Friday, June 19, 2009

Boo

So lunch today wasn't so good. A local business is having customer appreciation day with free hot dogs, drinks, chips, etc.

But I think I showed restraint in that I only had one hot dog and one small bag of chips when normally it would have been at least 2, maybe 3 hot dogs, a couple of bags of chips, maybe 2 cans of pop.

And let's not even talk about the Krispy Kreme's they had there. I just stayed away from them all together. Doughnuts = definitely a trigger food.

I've realized I can do my trigger foods if I'm literally eating the last of whatever it is or if it's a drink there are no refills. Because I am cheap and lazy. I will not GO somewhere to buy another candy bar/ice cream cone/etc. I will not PAY for more coffee drink/milkshake/etc.

Which is why I didn't have cake last night. Because there was still half a cake left. No thanks. It's why I march past the doughnut case at Sheetz. Because it used to be when I got doughnuts from Sheetz it was 4 doughnuts and big container of chocolate milk.

Now if someone brought me A SINGLE doughnut, that'd be fine. I wouldn't have options for more. Well, I would, but then we go back to the cheap and lazy thing.

I'm considering lunch my treat food for the day and getting right back to it with a chef salad for dinner tonight.

Speaking of tonight - it's opening night for Steel Magnolias. So if you're reading this and you're local to me, come on out and see it! I play Shelby (the Julia Roberts character in the movie) and I gotta tell you, this play is a hoot! You'll laugh, you'll cry. So come out and support the arts in your area!

No comments:

Post a Comment