Monday, June 29, 2009

Back to backer

So now that we've got the unpleasantness and the "poor me"-ness out of the way...

I want to start exercising.

Well, not so much want, as need. I need to get in better physical shape. I almost (almost) bought running shoes this weekend, but I knew my husband would blow a fuse if I got running shoes since, well, I don't run. But I know I'm not really going to be able to start running until I have good shoes. Mostly because I'm ridiculously flat-footed so I need good, stabilizing shoes. Plus I have pretty persistent pain in my knees and back anyway and I definitely don't want to run in the wrong shoes and aggravate that!

So I'm going to start with walking. And I hope that if, over a period of time, I can prove to my husband that I'm serious about going on walks, he'll okay the purchase of running shoes. I didn't want to just GET them, and I couldn't check with him because he was at work, and they were EXPENSIVE (okay, well they were expensive for our budget, especially considering all the mostly necessary purchases we've made lately), and again, I don't run. It'd be like going out and buying a canoe! I don't canoe!

So I think I'm going to go on a walk tonight. I'd LOVE to be one of those people that gets up early and works out, and who knows, maybe someday I will be! But right now, I'm the one dragging myself, bleary-eyed and groaning, out of bed about half an hour before I need to be at work and getting there JUUUUST in time.

I think maybe I need a dog to take on walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment