Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Well sassafras.

I lost .2 pounds this past week. I feel disappointed. But mostly in myself. Because the words "Oreo Brownie" and "apple dumpling" may have occurred. But you know what? I think .2 is pretty good for as HORRIBLE as I ate last week. I seriously just could not bring myself to put healthy food in me.

Although I did bring myself to get a GOOD pair of chiropractor recommended shoes:These puppies are on my feet most days. And when they aren't, a pair of good, sensible Dr. Scholl's are. I'm not taking any chances on this hip o' mine. Despite the fact that I've horribly slacked on my hip exercises. I'm always "too tired" or "I don't feel like it". SERIOUSLY SELF? These exercises take like 10 minutes to do and I'm wussing out on them? However, my goal for the month of September is to NOT MISS A SINGLE DAY OF HIP EXERCISES.

Another thing my chiro wants to me to start doing to help rehab my hip is walking. It was originally a mile every other day but he recently bumped me up to a mile a day. I walked last night and I'm a little ashamed to admit that it took me half an hour to walk a mile. But then I remembered - I'm not training for a race (yet), I'm rehabbing my hip. Better to be slow, steady, and sure of my steps than to fall down and reinjure myself. In fact, today was the first day my hip has hurt in a while. I'm not having "episodes", it just aches. I think it might be the cold weather setting in.

One more thing I picked up in addition to the snazzy new shoes was a pedometer. Just a cheapy little $5 one from Wal-Mart, but it tells me that from my house to the speed limit sign near the high school and back is 1.11 miles so that's the route I'm walking.

I was also recently informed by Mike that my small little point and shoot camera WAS NOT SOLD as I had previously thought, so if it still works I may venture into the world of being a food blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment