Monday, September 7, 2009

A new experience

This weekend I had a totally new experience.

I went grocery shopping and nearly all of what I got was organic.

I know this may sound REALLY strange to some of you - especially considering you shop and eat organically as much as possible.

I live in a teeny tiny little town in rural WV, so "organic" isn't really something that's largely available around here. But Mike and I went to Harrisonburg and decided that we would shop at Martin's which has a two aisle organic section (which also probably sounds strange to you).

See, the nearest Whole Foods is 2 hours away, and Trader Joe's? Well they only exist in California (KIDDING!)

But Mike and I had a blast getting organic food. It was pricey and there was some stuff that I really wanted to try that I just had to say no to because of the price.

Honestly though, I think I'm just excited to have food in the house. This was the first time we'd grocery shopped in probably three weeks or longer.

I had a DELICIOUS breakfast of Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt (in strawberry) and Bear Naked Granola in Triple Berry Crunch.

I think the thing I like the most about organic food is I can pronounce all the ingredients.

And I think Mike likes it, too. On the way home from the store (it's an hour away) he was talking about how we needed to get a cooler before we go next time. His only complaint? The organic vanilla yogurt we got is more sour than the Dannon Lite vanilla yogurt we used to get. I think he'll survive though ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment