Thursday, August 20, 2009

3rd weigh in

I had my fourth weigh-in overall and my third weigh-in actually on program on Tuesday.

I lost 4.4 pounds in a week!

Now, I know some are thinking that that isn't healthy and I would agree that if I was continuously losing that much weight every week it would be cause for alarm. However, that loss followed a 1.2 pound gain and also my time of the month which means that it was likely all water weight. I have really been chugging the h20 lately.

This week has been SUPER busy for me. Work has been a little nutso because of an upcoming festival. I had Treasure Mountain Festival Assoc on Monday that I ended up skipping because I was sick. Then Tuesday I had my WW meeting. Last night was play practice, tonight it's home after work for a quick nail appointment then another round of play practice, then I'm leaving around 2pm tomorrow for Kat's wedding! Whew! As much as I like being involved in community theater, I'll be really glad when Christmas Belles is over - I don't like being this busy. Although maybe I will grow to love it?

I can't remember if I've mentioned it or not, but I've started to see a chiropractor for my hip/back trouble. Things are going swimmingly there and my hip feels SO much better already. I saw him yesterday and he gave me exercises to do to help strengthen my hip and my core which he said will speed up my healing. I never thought I would say this, but I can't wait until I get cleared for regular exercise again. I really want to get into the habit of taking walks and eventually start running. But before I do any of that, I need good shoes. Even the chiro thinks that some of my hip/back pain may be a result of improper support from my shoes! And I'm not going to lie - since hurting myself I'm scared to walk.

I'm honestly starting to feel so much better about myself overall - I've noticed that my skin problems don't bother me as much as they used to - really none of the flaws that I used to zero in on bother me as much as they used to. I'm thinking it's a combo of the weight I've lost and the fact that I'm just genuinely making steps towards taking care of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment